Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Frustrations in a New Place

So I haven't really been writing in our blog lately and everyone has probably given up looking at my blog by now, but thats okay. This summer has been especially difficult for me with all the things that have been happening. First we moved to Colorado the beginning of April, making it possible for me to be home with my baby and also leaving me without knowing anyone. That in itself is hard, but to make things more exciting we found out that I was pregnant a few weeks after getting settled in. So here I have been in a new place and totally emotional, tired, and sick. Not having any friends in town for support has also made it tough and though I love staying home with my sweet little Emilyn; our conversations are not what I need right now.

Considering the situation I have decided that since I am finally starting to feel better, I am going to write down my frustrations and feelings on my blog and then go out and start doing things. Emilyn and I have signed up for a program called Kindermusik and we are going to do a swimming class in October together...if I don't feel too fat by then. I am also taking a couple dance classes which as most of you know is one of the few things that make me super happy no matter what is happening in life.

This is how my life is going right now, but hopefully with my new found energy to do things I can go out and make some friends for Emilyn and I to hang out with.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Where in Colorad are you living?

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Hey. Way to find things to get out and do. Where are you in colorado? Heidi is down there and very pregnant herself. I was looking at your pictures on facebook and I saw the one of you giving Emilyn her breathing treatment with the little mask that looked like a fish (I thought it looked like a dragon). Brogan had the same mask when he got his first breathing treatment. Did she have RSV? Our Brogan had RSV at two weeks old so he was admitted to the hospital for four days.

S said...

I have no doubt you guys will find friends very quickly. But if you need an adult convo and Emilyn isn't supplying it, don't be afraid to give me a call!